Monday, July 1, 2013

Ball-Fringe Coffee Table Quilt

Who doesn't LOVE ball fringe?
 
 
I found this amazing antique chicken incubator on my 40th birthday trip.  I fell in LOVE with it.  I've been looking for a coffee table for quite a while...but just never found anything that made my heart sing!  Then, I saw this!  So...I brought it home, cut off the legs, and made it into my new coffee table.
 
 
Isn't it beautiful?  I may still paint the can on the side that is used to hold the heating elements and wires...but for now...I LOVE the rusty charm it gives to the piece.
 
Back to the quilt!  I have a teenage daughter...who loves to leave drinks on the table...so to avoid those wonderful water rings...I needed something to protect my beautiful new table.
 
 
So...I grabbed my scraps...sewed them all on a thick tweed base.

 
Quilted the fabric a little bit.

 
Free-hand "messy-stitched" a little bit.
 
 
Added some black ball-trim.
 
 
AND...this beauty was born!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: