Friday, June 28, 2013

Cross Art

 
I was talking with my pastor the other day about a new ministry we were starting and I noticed that the wall behind his desk was VERY bare.  It needed a piece of art to fill the space.
 
This is how the cross was born.
 
 
First I took several scrap boards and stained them with six different stains.  Then I cut them into pieces to fit on the 1 x 6 background boards.  This cross is fairly large.  5' x 3'.  So, there was a lot of staining and piecing of boards.
 
 
I also tried a stain resist to add his favorite Scripture.
 
 
After the boards all fit together well...I went back and used wood glue and my nail gun to secure it all.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines.
 
xo-
Lara
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment