Friday, January 3, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 1

My front door.
 
 
I found out about the documented life project from Roben-Marie Smith's blog.  You can find information here. The project uses a Moleskin Weekly Planner, LOTS of washi tape, paper of all kinds and ephemera to create an art piece each week that is placed in the planner. 
 
For my front door, I used a security envelope...it represents the love and security I find in my home.
 
The washi tape, painted heart, vintage lace, and Amy Butler scrap of fabric represent my studio and my art.  I LOVE all things vintage, painted, and well...like many others...I LOVE washi tape!  It may be one of the main reasons I'm so excited about this project!  Lol!
 
 
 
The words are the true MAGIC of this piece.  They are inside the envelope...representing "inside" my home.  This is what it says:
 
At home...there is:
comfort
listening
trust
playing
and
care for Cassie
 
In the kitchen
everything
is
possible
in my
heart
and
in my
quiet
moments
 
Accept what God wills.
 
For the words...believe it or not...I chose a page from an old book...and from that one page...God gave me this great message!  I couldn't have planned it any better!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment