Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Art Journal Peek


 
My one word for 2014 is EMERGE.  I asked my family and several friends what came to mind when they thought of the word emerge AND how they believed it related to me personally.
 
This piece is a collaboration of the thoughts of my daughter and my father.  My daughter thought that the cocoon represented many of the stresses or struggles in the past five years...and that in the last year or two I have started to break out of the cocoon to become a beautiful butterfly...confident, wanting to share my art, stepping out of my comfort zone, and taking artistic risks.  My father saw it from the business side...taking risks and making decisions to boost my art career and my future dreams.  Both of them used a butterfly coming out of its cocoon as an analogy.
 
 
The cocoon is covered with words that often times feel binding or stressful or feel like just a little step to becoming an artist...
 
 
I'm so excited to see how God is going to use my one word for 2014.
 
 
A hand-cut arrow...on a flap...covering this picture...
 
 
I just LOVE this picture!  I'm not sure why...but I could not cover it up with paint!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment