Thursday, January 2, 2014

Art Journal Peek

 
One of my NEW adventures in 2014 is to keep an ART Journal.  I've always been afraid to have an art journal...but I decided that 2014 IS the year to start! 
 
I went to the thrift store and got a VERY old cake decorating book.  I used Mod Podge to glue pages together so that the pages were sturdy and thick enough to paint, mod podge, and sew.
 
This is Week 1:
 
 
This is the ghost print of my Happy New Year gelli print from yesterday.  I decided it would make a great first page for my Art Journal.
 
 
This page is very personal.  I haven't come up with my word for the year...I've got a few that I am throwing around!  I'm hoping to settle on one by the weekend for sure!  BUT...2014 for me...is all about making my goals and dreams a reality!
 
During one of my morning Bible studies over Christmas break, God gave me this very real, very personal message!  I want to remember it and His love, mercy, compassion, and answers to my heart's desires!
 
We do serve an AWESOME God!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines.
 
xo-
Lara
 

2 comments:

  1. Man!! For someone who doesn't art journal you'r off to a fabulous start - the colours are glorious.
    BTW I got here via cjs14; it's nice to meet you and read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you! I am excited for several "new" art adventures I am taking in 2014!
      VERY nice to meet you...I hope you will check back again soon...and Leave your blog..so I can check out your art!
      Have a blessed day!

      Delete