Thursday, March 21, 2013

Behind the Art - 2

All of my ART starts with a beautiful background...Part 2!
 
The beautiful background can often times start with just a single layer of paint.
Sometimes I use only a single color...just a base coat.  This is done with a scraper.  I want a bit of color...but a thick layer is not necessary.

 
Sometimes I want a single color...but I want a little variation in the hue.  This is one color...light blue...but I used two different shades to give the piece some depth.

 
I did the same thing here with two variations of orange.

 
This is a snapshot of a larger canvas...I wanted a lot of color...so I used several different shades of red and added a little blue in the center and around the edges.  Most of this paint will be covered in the final piece...but it makes a nice base for me to add to easily. 

 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 

No comments:

Post a Comment