Monday, March 25, 2013

Behind the Art - 3

I'm excited to show my entire process of four different journal covers that I have created!
 
Today's journal uses only primary colors!
 
I love how this piece turned out.  I LOVE color...most of the time...the brighter the better.  In most of the pieces I create...I use shades of turquoise, pink, orange, and green.  However, for this journal cover, I decided to use only primary colors...true red, blue, and yellow. 
 
 
Yes.  The journal covers all start out with cardboard.  Recycle or Re-purpose!

 
I did add a little light blue and white to the paint to give the color some variation.  This is one of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's stencils!  I LOVE her work!  You can check it out here...if you, by chance, have never heard of her!  Lol!

 
I recently learned how to carve stamps.  I use a lot of stamps for added texture and depth in my pieces.  I LOVE the personal touch when the stamp is my original design.

 
Punchinella is one of my best friends!  You will see it in most of my pieces.  Punchinella is a fun, plastic ribbon that is left over after sequins are punched out, often called "sequin waste". 

 
Final front cover.  A few doodles were added to the sides.

 
Final back cover.
 
The journal covers are all ready to get the inside pages!  AND...that's another post!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 

No comments:

Post a Comment