Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Behind the Art - 4

Today I will be sharing another set of my journal covers.
 
 
Last week I shared that several of my projects start with a base layer of paint.  This is light blue paint in two different hues spread with a paint scraper both vertically and horizontally to add some texture and contrast.

 
I added red paint by using a vintage doily as a stencil.  Then, I added red paint along the edges...again just adding depth and contrast to the piece.

 
  I added my stamp and signature...along with a few doodles and it is finished.
 
 
The front cover started with a red base.  Then, I added light blue, using only the edge of a scraper.  Finally, I added some hand-stamped coffee filters along the edge.  This was the background of my cover.

 
I added a painted doily and some black text scrapbook paper. 

 
Then, I stamped and doodled to add more texture.  I also went around the black paper with oil pastel.  I love the way it highlights the piece.

 
Final journal covers!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment