Friday, August 9, 2013

My First Junk Journal

 
Tim Holtz just came out with a new line of fabric!  I am a math teacher!  I LOVE numbers!
 
Since our family vacation is the last thing I do before starting back to school for another year, this print was a MUST for this journal! 
 
 
Step one for making a junk journal...collect A LOT of "junk"!  I like to call it treasure!  Anyone who has been to my studio will tell you...there is A LOT of treasure in here!  Lol!

 
The more the better!  Old books, newspapers, ephemera, maps, ribbon, old cards, wrappers, coffee sleeves, security envelopes...ANYTHING!  You can use it! 
 
 


 
Here is a glimpse of all the pages together!
 
 
I will post a few of the pages with pictures and journaling...after vacation!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks super cool. I love it! Especially the stitching.
    So then you will use this as a journal? Will you Gesso the pages first? I usually make my journals from vintage books but this one looks neat! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! I will gesso some of the pages, use washi tape to add a bit of color, stich in a few souvenirs, postcards, etc...
    I will be posting a few pages next week!

    ReplyDelete