Friday, September 27, 2013

DIY - Journal

A Coffee Sack...Re-purposed!
 
 
If you don't have any coffee sacks laying around your house, burlap from a craft store would work great!  You could even stamp letters on the outside!
 
I just happen to have a good friend that dropped a few off at my house last month.  I've been trying to decide how I was going to use them.  Since I've been creating journals lately...I decided to give it a try!
 
I do LOVE how they turned out!
 
Sew the burlap to cardboard, a piece of watercolor paper, or card stock...any of these will do.  This is just to make the journal cover a little more sturdy.
 
 
Paint and doodle the inside cover a little bit.  I used gesso and some spray mists.  Then, I doodled with my charcoal pencil.
 
 
Add a pocket with a little scrap of fabric.  Sew in your paper.  I just used the basic book-binding stitch with 3 holes, and tied it in the center.
 
I cannot wait to have these out at my booth in Ozark!  They are going to be so cute!  I have journals with ties of all colors!  Some of the journals even have the different coffee logos on the front cover!  If only I had a Starbucks bag...I'd keep a journal for myself!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 

No comments:

Post a Comment