Thursday, September 19, 2013

DIY Journal

As a teacher, I LOVE school supplies! 
 
When I receive goodies (junk to most people) in my mailbox at school from my teacher friends...I cannot wait to come home and repurpose it! 
 
This little bubble wrap envelope is a GREAT example!
 
 
I took a little gesso and "hand-painted" both sides of the envelope.
 
Then, I added a bit of color...the same way...you could use a brush...but my hand does a much better job...in my opinion!  AND...it's more fun!
 
You can see that I was eating candy at the time of my creating...and threw a few wrappers on the flap for added color and a much needed "fun" factor!
 
 
Then, I sewed around the edges and the flap.  You can see the two lines in the center...this is where I added the journal pages!
 
 
I hand-painted a few letters...and added some doodles...and a little journal was born!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Expect miracles, laugh often, and always color outside the lines!
 
xo-
Lara
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment